MALIBU, Calif. - The 18th-ranked Sewanee women's tennis team took down the Yellowjackets of the University of Rochester (N.Y.), 7-2, Thursday afternoon from the Ralph-Straus Tennis Center at Pepperdine University to open the Tigers' spring break trip.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (6-4) 7, Rochester (4-3) 2
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
1. Camila Garcia (URW) def. Catherine Owen (SEWANEE) 4-6, 6-1, 10-7
2. Ellie Czura (SEWANEE) def. Abbey Reinhart (URW) 6-2, 6-2
3. Cami Ruiz Vega (URW) def. Sara Thompson (SEWANEE) 7-5, 1-6, 10-8
4. Haley Tucker (SEWANEE) def. Yaya Wang (URW) 6-1, 6-3
5. Mary Jane McCaghren (SEWANEE) def. Bianca Dyer (URW) 5-0, retired
6. Jordan Besh (SEWANEE) def. Rina Chen (URW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Ellie Czura/Catherine Owen (SEWANEE) def. Camila Garcia/Abbey Reinhart (URW) 8-5
2. Sara Thompson/Taylor Sprouse (SEWANEE) def. Cami Ruiz Vega/Bianca Dyer (URW) 8-1
3. Mary Jane McCaghren/Maura McCrary (SEWANEE) def. Yaya Wang/Olivia Waysack (URW) 8-3
The Tigers have Friday off before facing four straight opponents ranked inside the top-15. The stretch begins with No. 12 Bowdoin Saturday.