MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - The No. 11 Sewanee women's tennis team collected its second straight shutout in postseason play with with a 5-0 victory over 4-seed Oglethorpe in the semifinals of the 2018 Southern Athletic Association Women's Tennis Tournament.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (20-4) 5, Oglethorpe (11-7) 0
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Women's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-The Tigers had 8-4 wins at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots in doubles play before an 8-2 win at the No. 3 to complete the sweep.
-No. 32 Catherine Owen secured the match with her 13th win of the year with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Taylor Cranford.
1. #38 Clementina Davila (SEWANEE) vs. Caroline Johnson (OUW) unfinished
2. Christina Merchant (SEWANEE) vs. Hannah Dattilo (OUW) unfinished
3. Ellie Czura (SEWANEE) vs. Shannon Cruz (OUW) unfinished
4. #32 Catherine Owen (SEWANEE) def. Taylor Cranford (OUW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Haley Tucker (SEWANEE) vs. Elizabeth Bielicki (OUW) unfinished
6. Sara Thompson (SEWANEE) def. Lisette Phillips (OUW) 6-0, 6-0
1. #14 Clementina Davila/Catherine Owen (SEWANEE) def. Caroline Johnson/Hannah Dattilo (OUW) 8-4
2. Christina Merchant/Ellie Czura (SEWANEE) def. Shannon Cruz/Halley Sickling (OUW) 8-4
3. Haley Tucker/Sara Thompson (SEWANEE) def. Taylor Cranford/Charlotte Disley (OUW) 8-2
Advancing to its sixth consecutive SAA Tournament Championship match, Sewanee will face Millsaps on Sunday.