SEWANEE, Tenn. - The 19th-ranked Sewanee men's tennis team saw its eight-match winning streak snap on Monday at the Bruton-Guerry Tennis Center, as the Tigers were defeated by the Eagles of Emory University, 7-2.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Emory (13-2) 7, Sewanee (17-6) 2
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-At the No. 1 flight, Aubrey Davis/Jordan Brewer had a battle with the top-ranked doubles team in the country in Jonathan Jemison/Adrien Bouchet. Having a 4-1 lead at one point, the visitors rallied to defeat the 14th regionally ranked doubles team in Sewanee, 8-6.
-In singles, Brandon Kali recorded a victory over Spaulding, 6-4, 6-4.
-Davis and Kerr went into a tiebreak at the No. 5 and No. 6 points, respectively.
1. #28 Adrien Bouchet (EUM) def. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) 6-3, 6-3
2. Antonio Mora (EUM) def. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) 6-1, 6-2
3. #14 Andrew Esses (EUM) def. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) 7-5, 6-2
4. Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) def. James Spaulding (EUM) 6-4, 6-4
5. George Congdon (EUM) def. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) 6-7, 6-0, 10-6
6. Will Wanner (EUM) def. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) 7-5, 3-6, 6-0
1. #1 Jonathan Jemison/Adrien Bouchet (EUM) def. Aubrey Davis/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) 8-6
2. Andres Carro/Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. James Spaulding/Will Wanner (EUM) 8-5
3. Antonio Mora/Alec Rabinowitz (EUM) def. Brandon Kali/Ryan Wax (SEWANEE) 8-2
Sewanee will conclude the regular season Wednesday afternoon with a match against Washington & Lee.