BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Sewanee men's tennis team, ranked 19th in the nation, wrapped up its seventh consecutive Southern Athletic Association (SAA) Men's Tennis Regular Season Championship with a 9-0 sweep over Birmingham-Southern on Sunday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (17-5, 6-0) 9, Birmingham-Southern (7-8, 2-4) 0
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-Sewanee has locked in their seventh consecutive SAA Regular Season Championship. From the inception of the conference in 2013, the program is 43-1 in conference games.
1. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) def. Anthony Pellegrini (BSC-M) 6-2, 6-3
2. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. Jamie Bekaert (BSC-M) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Alex Wisener (BSC-M) 6-0, 6-1
4. Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) def. Ethan Gibson (BSC-M) 6-2, 4-6, 10-7
5. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) def. Anthony Romano (BSC-M) 6-0, 6-4
6. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. Hunter Hoffmeister (BSC-M) 6-0, 6-0
1. Aubrey Davis/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Jamie Bekaert/Isaac Eck (BSC-M) 8-3
2. Andres Carro/Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. Anthony Pellegrini/Alex Wisener (BSC-M) 8-4
3. Brandon Kali/Ryan Wax (SEWANEE) def. Ethan Gibson/Anthony Romano (BSC-M) 8-4
Sewanee will play two matches this week at home to conclude the regular season. First on the slate is No. 3 Emory on Monday afternoon.