SEWANEE, Tenn. - The Sewanee men's tennis team, ranked 18th in the nation, extended its winning streak to seven matches with a 6-3 win over Oglethorpe, Sunday inside the Guerry Indoor Courts.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (16-5, 5-0) 6, Oglethorpe (9-5, 3-1) 3
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-In a battle of unbeatens in Southern Athletic Association play, the Stormy Petrels avoided the sweep in doubles play with a win at the No. 2 flight, 8-5.
-In singles, the Tigers clinched the match with the top three singles flights. Andres Carro took the win at the No. 1, 6-1, 6-3, while Jordan Brewer won the No. 2 point, 6-3, 6-2. At the No. 3, Brandon Kali cruised to a 6-3, 6-1 win.
1. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) def. Walker Benson (OUM) 6-1, 6-3
2. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Richard Johnson (OUM) 6-3, 6-2
3. Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) def. Zoe Raymond (OUM) 6-3, 6-1
4. Michael Santaloci (OUM) def. Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) 6-4, 6-4
5. Matthew Magee (OUM) def. Sean Halloran (SEWANEE) 0-6, 6-0, 1-0 (6-0)
6. Mike Tefel (SEWANEE) def. Calvin Schneider (OUM) 7-6 (5-0), 6-4
1. Jordan Brewer/Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) def. Richard Johnson/Connor Sisson (OUM) 8-5
2. Calvin Schneider/Walker Benson (OUM) def. Ryan Wax/Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) 8-5
3. Andres Carro/Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. Matthew Magee/Michael Santaloci (OUM) 8-2
The Tigers will wrap up SAA play next weekend on the road, beginning with a trip to Millsaps College on Saturday.