NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. - No. 23 Sewanee opened conference play on Saturday with a 9-0 sweep of Centre College Saturday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: No. 23 Sewanee (9-2, 1-0) 9, Centre (2-5, 0-1) 0
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-In singles, the Tigers took care of business with wins at all positions. Becker vs. Max Middleton was the lone matchup that went three sets, but the victor belonged to Becker, 6-4, 4-6, 10-6.
1. Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) def. Arpit Maini (CENTRE-M) 6-1, 7-5
2. Alejandro Becker (SEWANEE) def. Max Middleton (CENTRE-M) 6-4, 4-6, 10-6
3. Davis Owen (SEWANEE) def. Adam Stone (CENTRE-M) 6-2, 6-3
4. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. Matthew Ko (CENTRE-M) 6-0, 6-3
5. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) def. Ben Hadlock (CENTRE-M) 6-1, 6-0
6. Dane Hawthorne (SEWANEE) def. Josh Joiner (CENTRE-M) 6-1, 6-0
1. Jack Gray/Alejandro Becker (SEWANEE) def. Arpit Maini/Adam Stone (CENTRE-M) 8-4
2. Jordan Brewer/Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) def. Matthew Ko/Josh Joiner (CENTRE-M) 8-2
3. Davis Owen/Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. Max Middleton/Ben Hadlock (CENTRE-M) 8-2
The Tigers will next travel to California to play five matches in six days over spring break. Their first matchup will be against No. 32 Swarthmore on March 16.