SEWANEE, Tenn. - The Sewanee women's tennis team dropped a Sunday evening match to NCAA Division II opponent Carson-Newman, 6-3, inside the Guerry Indoor Courts.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Carson-Newman (3-2) 6, Sewanee (3-1) 3
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Women's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-In singles, despite Sewanee trailing 3-2 after the No. 1 and 2 flights were completed, CNU took No. 3, 4 and 5 to clinch the match.
-McCaghren and Maura McCrary captured wins in singles.
1. Ana Carla Resende (C-N) def. Ellie Czura (SEWANEE) 7-5, 6-2
2. Mary Jane McCaghren (SEWANEE) def. Ali Harris (C-N) 6-2, 6-2
3. Hannah Price (C-N) def. Caroline Adams (SEWANEE) 6-2, 6-3
4. Alisa Liashova (C-N) def. Haley Tucker (SEWANEE) 6-4, 7-6
5. Abby Reis (C-N) def. Jordan Besh (SEWANEE) 7-5, 6-1
6. Maura McCrary (SEWANEE) def. Klara Vuckovic (C-N) 7-6, 6-3
1. Ana Carla Resende/Ali Harris (C-N) def. Catherine Owen/Ellie Czura (SEWANEE) 8-5
2. Hannah Price/Abby Reis (C-N) def. Lilly Stephens/Jordan Besh (SEWANEE) 8-6
3. Caroline Adams/Mary Jane McCaghren (SEWANEE) def. Alisa Liashova/Klara Vuckovic (C-N) 8-7
Sewanee will be off until the team competes at the ITA Indoor National Championships in Nashville. The quarterfinal round is set to take place against No. 2 Emory on March 1 at 3 p.m.