MEMPHIS, Tenn. - No. 22 Sewanee men's tennis downs Rhodes in Southern Athletic Association play on Sunday, 5-2, to earn its sixth straight win.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (16-4, 5-0) 5, Rhodes (12-6, 4-1) 2
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-In doubles, the Tigers took two of three, winning at the one and two position.
1. Ritwik Chatterjee (RHODES) vs. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) unfinished
2. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) def. P.J. Shaw (RHODES) 6-2, 6-2
3. Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) def. Andrew Morton (RHODES) 6-4, 6-1
4. Sean Hogan (RHODES) vs. Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) 4-6, 3-3, unfinished
5. Phil Lauture (RHODES) def. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) 6-2, 6-2
6. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. Sairam Gudiseva (RHODES) 6-3, 6-2
1. Jack Gray/Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. P.J. Shaw/Sean Hogan (RHODES) 8-4
2. Alejandro Becker/Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) def. Andrew Morton/Sairam Gudiseva (RHODES) 8-1
3. Ritwik Chatterjee/Phil Lauture (RHODES) def. Andres Carro/Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) 8-6
The Tigers return home for a non-conference bout with rival Covenant, beginning at 4 p.m.