CONWAY, Ark. - The 22nd-ranked Sewanee men's tennis team swept the Warriors of Hendrix College on Saturday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (15-4, 4-0) 9, Hendrix (0-10, 0-4) 0
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-Allowing just four points in doubles, the Tigers saw 8-1 wins by Aubrey Davis/Hayden Loeb and Hamza Khan/Dane Hawthorne at the one and two and an 8-2 victory by Mac McCullough/Mike Tefel at the No. 3.
-In singles, Tefel and Khan earned sweeps for their respective points.
1. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) def. Kristian Lenser (HDXM) 6-0, 6-2
2. Dane Hawthorne (SEWANEE) def. Dan Habenicht (HDXM) 6-1, 7-5
3. Hayden Loeb (SEWANEE) def. Luke Lelfer (HDXM) 6-1, 6-0
4. Hamza Khan (SEWANEE) def. Robbie Kiss (HDXM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Mac McCullough (SEWANEE) def. Sasin Payakachat (HDXM) 6-0, 6-2
6. Mike Tefel (SEWANEE) def. Dylan Maassenveeters (HDXM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Aubrey Davis/Hayden Loeb (SEWANEE) def. Kristian Lenser/Dan Habenicht (HDXM) 8-1
2. Hamza Khan/Dane Hawthorne (SEWANEE) def. Luke Lelfer/Henry Dana (HDXM) 8-1
3. Mac McCullough/Mike Tefel (SEWANEE) def. Sasin Payakachat/Dylan Maassenveeters (HDXM) 8-2
The weekend road swing concludes on Sunday with a matchup against Rhodes.
For the latest news on the Sewanee Tigers, follow @SewaneeTigers on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.