CLAREMONT, Calif. - No. 23 Sewanee men's tennis suffered a 5-4 defeat to 17th-ranked Tufts on Sunday.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: No. 17 Tufts (3-0) 5, No. 23 Sewanee (10-4) 4
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-Sewanee claimed singles wins at the one, four and five spots, but Tufts won the two, three and six to secure the match.
-This is the third consecutive match that the Tigers have gone 5-4 with an opponent.
TUFTS SINGLES RESULTS
1. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. #34 Rohan Gupte (TUFM) 6-4, 7-5
2. Zain Ali (TUFM) def. Andres Carro (SEWANEE) 6-3, 1-6, 6-2
3. Boris Sorkin (TUFM) def. Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) 6-3, 6-2
4. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Ben Battle (TUFM) 6-4, 6-2
5. Jack Metzger (SEWANEE) def. Danny Coran (TUFM) 6-3, 7-6 (3-0)
6. Ben Biswas (TUFM) def. Davis Owen (SEWANEE) 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
TUFTS DOUBLES RESULTS
1. Jack Gray/Alejandro Becker (SEWANEE) def. Rohan Gupte/Zain Ali (TUFM) 8-6
2. Ben Battle/Carl-Herman Grant (TUFM) def. Andres Carro/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) 9-7
3. Ethan Bershtein/Boris Sorkin (TUFM) def. Jack Metzger/Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) 8-6
The Tigers will next compete against Salisbury on Monday.